Everything from resorts, campgrounds, hotels, bed & breakfasts to cabins… Alexandria has a place for you!
Alexandria has long been a tourist destination. Resort hotels were established here as early as 1883 and it became an annual tradition for many families to spend the summer in the Alexandria lakes area. Times have changed, and people are now seeking different experiences. Alexandria can provide you with whatever experience you are looking for, from embracing the outdoors at a campground, bringing back memories in a resort cabin, or enjoying the modern conveniences of a hotel/motel or newly remodeled resort option.
Discover More About the Lakes Area of Alexandria
- A rich history
- More than 350 Lakes
- 187 miles of trails
- Proclaimed as the Birthplace of America
- Population about 15,000 (20,000 in the summer)
- Bustling with business and industry
- State-of-the-art healthcare
- Leader in education
- Abundant arts and entertainment opportunities