The Alexandria area boasts more than 350 lakes where you can cast a line!
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned fisherman with all the hottest gadgets or a rookie without a boat or fish house, the Alexandria Lakes Area is the perfect place to cast your line winter, spring, summer or fall! With public fishing piers located on several area lakes, bait shops and retailers ready to stock you with all the necessary supplies, local fishing guides who know where all the hot spots are, and a local up-to-date fishing report available online, you’re sure to make a catch and land some great memories in Alexandria!
Discover More About the Lakes Area of Alexandria
- A rich history
- More than 350 Lakes
- 187 miles of trails
- Proclaimed as the Birthplace of America
- Population about 15,000 (20,000 in the summer)
- Bustling with business and industry
- State-of-the-art healthcare
- Leader in education
- Abundant arts and entertainment opportunities