Pedal miles and miles of beautiful paved routes and mountain bike trails in the Alexandria Lakes Area!
The Central Lakes Trail, built on an abandoned railroad bed, begins in Fergus Falls and passes through Douglas County, connecting the communities of Ashby, Melby, Evansville, Brandon, Garfield, Alexandria and Osakis. This 14 foot wide, 55 mile long paved trail features shelters, bathrooms, picnic and parking areas, signage and connecting trails. Deer, rabbits, beaver, muskrats, ducks, turtles, birds and wildflowers are abundant. The trail is connected to the Lake Wobegon Trail, which connects to the Morrison County trail, resulting in 130 miles of paved trail.
Discover More About the Lakes Area of Alexandria
- A rich history
- More than 350 Lakes
- 187 miles of trails
- Proclaimed as the Birthplace of America
- Population about 15,000 (20,000 in the summer)
- Bustling with business and industry
- State-of-the-art healthcare
- Leader in education
- Abundant arts and entertainment opportunities